Sunday, September 03, 2006

I'm a mapping

Als and I spent the weekend up in Toowoomba celebrating Father's day with John and Sheena. It was a great chance for me to spend more time working on the game although I'm sure that I must have looked rather peculiar being cooped up in the room coding away for hours on end.

Thankfully all that effort was not in vain. The game engine and interface are pretty much functional enough now for me to start planning my strategy for implementing the computer AI. To do this however I'd need more maps to use for training the computer opponents. I didn't however, want to keep editing these levels in Notepad... so enter the fruits of my labour this weekend.



It's still a fairly simple map editor but at least it does the job for now. Problem is I might start spending most of my time creating wacky maps rather than getting more work done now. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i expect that you two will prioritise your poor long suffering friends this weekend and actually do what you are expected to do and come over for dinner. we will be most unimpressed if we find out that you have other friends out there, because then we wouldn't feel so special.

you bastards.

ps. need ds games. supercard unused.
pps. nice game
ppps. really
pppps. would love to hear more about it.
ppppps. really

rock on.

Sharim said...

We've got you marked in this weekend already so don't worry. Will bring laptop and mucho DS games for you to copy... err... I mean 'backup'.