Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cinematic Steamboat

The flu (porcine or otherwise) has been raging across Brisbane over the past few weeks. You couldn't walk down the corridor at work without passing a battery of coughs and sniffs, so I guess it was just a matter of time before I succumbed to the virus. Knocked me out for the count for four days last week which was a worry as I'd been looking forward to a steamboat lunch we'd organised for Sunday. Copious handfuls of paracetemol and multi-vitamins thankfully allowed me to recover in time for a shop, house clean and food prep before the guests arrived.

We were playing hosts to old steamboat buddies Kath and Andrew, as well as introducing Nat and Naomi to the experience so I thought I'd capture the event for posterity. It was really just an excuse to try out the video camera properly on the iPhone 3GS and I must say that I'm quite happy with the results. Cobbled this little clip together in iMovie while Alison was out at choir practice.



Had lots of fun doing it so I might try my hand at more videos in the future just to bump up that flagging YouTube account.

Edit: Grrr... seems like YouTube have a cruddy watermark on embedded movie clips which obscures the text in my video. Click here to watch the clip on the main YouTube site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! You're a clever bunny. I might need your help if I ever have to put a book trailer together.

My favourite part is at the end where I'm eating a piece of tofu, and (as the classy lady I am) drop something and then proceed to check it didn't go down my top! Really appreciated you putting that part in :P

Katherine

Sharim said...

Thanks, it was actually a happy coincidence but I thought you might like that bit... ;)