Thursday, September 12, 2013

Another Bunny

I already gushed on about how Eleanor has changed my outlook on life previously. While I consider myself a fairly imaginative fellow I cannot begin to fathom how special we are going to feel with the addition of another baby to the household. Thankfully I'm not going to have to try, as Eleanor is going to have a sibling in March 2014.
We officially broke the big news to Nell when we came back from our 13 week ultrasound and she's been running around the house shouting "I'm a big sister" at the top of her lungs. It's gorgeous and we think she's going to be nurturing and caring as long as we avoid giving her blankets to put the baby to "sleep".

The scan was uneventful, which is exactly what you should hope for at this stage I suppose. I must have been confusing the 19 and 13 week scans that we saw with Eleanor as I expected to see a little more on the screen. Even so it was so rewarding to see the baby moving around and listening to a strong heartbeat. Seems like all the bits are there so I guess that's a good sign.
Once again this baby refused to perform for the 3D pictures. I guess we'll just have to wait a couple of months till the next scan for more happy snaps.
Current due date is the 16th of March so I guess we should be getting ready for a Pisces in the family. Still no new Taurus but I'll learn to live with that. Grand Parents are of course ecstatic and mum has already made plans to come out for the birth and stay on until Eleanor's birthday.

Sounds like we're going to be pretty busy next year.

1 comment:

Trent said...

Wow, congratulations!