Saturday, August 12, 2006

He eats again

Alison and I decided to head into the city yesterday night to have dinner and do a little shopping. I ordered a few books from Amazon some weeks back and haven't received them in the mail yet. Impatient as usual I decided to pick up some reading material that's a little out of my league at the moment but interesting to flick through none the less. Can't wait to get most of my game engine running so I can concentrate on the eye candy.

Anyways, on to dinner. I've been eager to try this new-ish steak bar called SSS BBQ Barn in the city that's supposed to have decent slabs of meat on the menu. Main draw point for me was the "Challenge" which requires you to eat an entree, huge beef shank and dessert all by yourself in order to qualify for the honour roll and a complimentary hat. I've always been up for a food challenge and after the 15 pieces of chicken I must say that I was feeling fairly confident at the time.

Then the meat came out...



I swear, there was about three to four large steaks worth of meat on the darn thing. Which wouldn't have been a problem if the shank was nice but this was just plain dry and stringy. My jaw cramped up halfway through from all the chewing as the meat grew cold and harder by the minute.



It took about two hours all up I think for me to finish that cow leg and I have to say that I'm seriously considering a switch to vegetarianism. At least pesco or polo. Alison was very supportive all the way through and refused to let me give up after wasting her evening watching me eat half a block of meat.

In the end I was finally triumphant and polished off my dessert before wobbling into a cab to get home. Due to technical difficulties (accidentally deleted them) I don't have any shots of the bare bone of the meal but I do have photographic evidence of my "health" and hard won hat.



I gave the waitress my name so it should appear on the website honour roll in a few weeks hopefully. Check back later to share my glory. Definitely the hardest food challenge I've ever had to do.

1 comment:

Sharim said...

Don't think I'll be going for anything in the near future. Time to give my tummy a break. :P