Friday, June 30, 2006

Fifteen pieces of chicken

About a week back, Dan and the rest of us at work got onto the topic of fast food and it's consumption in gross quantity. During the course of this unhealthy discussion Dan challenged anyone to eat fifteen pieces of KFC chicken. I of course, confident in my ability to process inhuman volumes of grease and fat, raised an eyebrow at what I believed would be a trivial task. The result of this was a bet for $20 (w00p) if I could eat a 15 piece bucket of chicken on our next team outing.

Well... after a hard week at work I guess it was time for gorging.

Here are the two buckets of chicken we bought, one for me and another for the rest of the team. At this point I wasn't feeling quite as cocky I must admit.



The chicken pieces had to be redistributed to give me a nice mix of Original Recipe and Hot and Spicy. Before long I had what would become my nose bag for the next hour and a half.



I practically inhaled the first seven pieces of chicken. Dan and Matt were stuffed at four pieces each (wussies). Matt observed that my eyes were looking a little glazed by the time I started on my tenth piece however.



We actually had to bring the last two pieces in the bucket back to the office to avoid being late for a meeting (One can't sacrifice productivity even for a friendly wager after all). Dan was actually so confident that I'd give up that he didn't have enough cash on him to pay me so we made a brief stop at the ATM. Minutes after returning to the office I'd polished off the remaining cold lumps of what I'd hesitate to identify as chicken meat and collected my dues.



Not that full really after that, but I'd definitely like to take a break from chicken for a few weeks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the "Fanta challenge", only a lot more successful in the end.

Anonymous said...

You obviously have the appetite a corporate raider.

I.e. Yoshiaki Murakami

Sharim said...

You're really obsessed with that bloody picture aren't ya...

Anonymous said...

Hey its not my fault that you hijack corporations for a living :P

Anonymous said...

It reminded me of the challenge i set for you when we were having steamboat back in Subang. Ur eyes were twitching and it got me worried. Haha

Sharim said...

Haha, oh man I'd forgotten about that. You had to drink a saucer of chilli sauce as well from memory. :)