Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Lucky!

Apple recently announced that they've upgraded their entire MacBook Pro line! The previous 1.67Ghz laptops will be replaced with 1.83Ghz chips and the 1.83Ghz laptops with 2.0Ghz chips. I thought this was devastating news but thankfully it's been confirmed that all previous orders will be upgraded to reflect the new system specs. Of course this only throws more oil on the raging inferno of impatience I have been tending since I asked Albert to order my MacBook ages ago.

No one can say for sure when I'll get my MacBook Pro but the store is at least estimating arrival of the new machines sometime next week. Somewhat believable as Apple have officially started shipping the lovelies.

On the downside a week of helping mum download software updates for her iBook and unrestrained torrent clicking has caused my internet connection to be shaped to 72k for download bandwidth. This means it's going to take absolutely forever for me to set up all the cool stuff for my new baby. :(

Ah well, slow internet or no I say bring on the fruit! I'm ready to switch.

No comments: