Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Home again

Well mum's finally come home after what must have been a pretty long and grueling trip across the country. She's taken an absolute bucket load of pictures which we'll have to go through shortly but for now it's just nice to have her back. Hopefully she won't get too relaxed though as we have a big Chinese New Year dinner to plan in a couple of weeks. Aparently some chinese bloke on the train told mum that it will be extra lucky this year if you dress in red from the eve (28th I believe) to new year day. Can't pass up a chance for good luck now can you.

Other bit of excitement is that I've asked Albert to place an order for one of the new MacBook PROs. A stock 1.83 Ghz model with the HDD upgraded to 100GB 7200RPM. Hopefully I'll see it sometime in late February when Apple release them. Till then I'll just have to scour the websites for tips on how to get Windows installed on those Intel babies. :P

Edit: It's been brought to my attention that CNY eve falls on the 28th of January this year, not the 27th. ^_^;

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai to all at home there. Looking forward to more photos as always.

On a side note - please don't tell me you're making Windows the primary OS on the MacBook Pro (traitor).

Sharim said...

Good lord no. I just want to put Windows on for games and if the process isn't too convoluted I would like to use it for work. We haven't started developing for OS X here unfortunately so I don't have much of a choice.

yinyang said...

if you make XP or vista the primary OS on it, then I'll confiscate it off you :-)