Saturday, May 13, 2006

Getting Old

Huzzah, clicked over another year in this mortal coil yesterday to the ripe old age of 25 summers. Vision is getting blurrier, bones weaker and I still feel no wiser. But birthdays are not about that, it's about getting presents! :)

Received a few phone calls and birthday wishes on Thursday from Mum, Uncle Wing, John and Sheena. Mum had good news about a job she's applied for with a large development firm back home (good on ya mum) and it's looking like we'll going ahead with this trip to Hong Kong and Malaysia come November for James and Dora's engagement party. Time to save up for the cheap electronics and food of South East Asia.

Anyways, woke up on the morning of the 12th and immediately tore into little parcels while rubbing the crud out of my eyes. Alison gave me a big red apron, which I assumed was to use with our gas stove at the new place, and a little pocket book on philosophy. Then I got treated to French toast for brekkie.

At work Dan went out to get me yummy chocolate cake to celebrate. It's a Double Chocolate and Strawberry Tort apparently. The remains are sitting on top of the Straberry Continental Cheese Cake that Alison and I prematurely purchased on Thursday because we wanted cake early (shame).



Left work early to come home and pick Alison up to head over to Shopping Town to see our broker about some finance documents for the house. I checked the mailbox while Alison was getting our documents ready to see if this drum controller (music freak is me) I ordered from eBay had arrived. Kinda dissapointed that it hadn't as I wanted to play a little on the weekend.

Had a big surprise waiting for me when we came back from Shopping Town. Well two big surprises really.



Apparently the drum controller had come early and Alison hid it under the stairwell so I'd have an extra present. Heheh, she was a little worried that I'd be mad that she didn't tell me it came but I thought it was really sweet what she did.



There's the drum controller all set up to play Drummania. Woo hoo!



After setting the controller up for Als to have a go I ripped open the even bigger present (I love getting big presents) to find... A PORTABLE BBQ! Now I feel like a real Aussie. This'll go great on our new balcony and will be great for sizzling steaks... and shrimp. Of course the apron makes a lot more sense now too.



Alison then took me out for dinner at Breakfast Creek Wharf. I of course had to order the largest plate of seafood on the menu. Completely ignored the fact that I'm mildly allergic to shellfish seeing as it's my birthday and I can get sick if I want to.



Took a while to finish but man was it worth it in the end.



All in all not a bad way to celebrate the quarter of a century I've managed to survive. Thanks everyone for a wonderful birthday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAMN!!! A BLOODY DRUM CONTROLLER! Happy birthday dude..

Sharim said...

Hehe, thanks. Still pretty crap at playing the drums but it's certainly fun.

yinyang said...

happy birthday!!

hope the neighbours are deaf at the new place...! :-)

Sharim said...

And Happy Birthday to you too. Thankfully we're slowly learning how to play without hitting the drums too hard. :P