Friday, May 19, 2006

Handyman

Yippee! More pressies for the birthday boy. John, Sheena, Peter and Mary put together a mini toolkit of drilling utilities and bits that will no doubt be useful when we want to put up paintings and towel rails at the new place. I'm about as far as you can get from being a DIY guru so it's a good thing that Peter's offered to show me how to get things done. Feel like a real man now that I have power tools in my collection.



Heard from the real estate agent that one of the ladies that applied for our apartment has been approved and her lease will be starting on the 1st of June. We're hoping to settle and get our keys on Friday and have already arranged removalist to lug our junk over on Saturday. It'll be busy but before long we'll be in a brand new house.

... darnit just realised that I won't have ADSL or any phone lines for at least a week. :(

3 comments:

yinyang said...

time to take out a life insurance policy now that you have a REAL power drill...! :-)

Anonymous said...

And here I was feeling like a real man just because I had a hammer. Always have to go one better, don't you. :P

Sharim said...

Was all excited the other day because we had to take apart one of the desks so I unpacked the drill... only to discover that the blasted thing needed Alan keys.

I'm sure I'll be causing grevious bodily harm to myself before long though. Time to put that Medibank account to good use.