Wednesday, February 28, 2007

February down, 10 to go

Phew, another month (albeit shorter than most) full of taking photos. It's interesting looking back over the past 28 days to see the days where I put some effort in and when I snapped blindly without a care. No idea what I was thinking deciding to do all this for a year, definitely running out of things in the house to take pictures of.

I did make a conscious effort to take more pictures of people this month and ended up with five in total... I guess 18% isn't all that bad. Woe to all social hermits that want to get better at taking portraits.



I had a blast clicking away at the company BBQ the other day and managed to snap this one of Dave which I'm rather happy with. Once again I forced myself to use my 50mm prime to take all the shots which meant I needed to be quite close to the action. Framing proved to be challenging due to the focal length and I ended up just keeping a subject in focus while watching the ball with my other eye. At least I got a chance to use my servo focus mode which worked a treat.

Evidently a few other people thought it was a decent capture too as it was (to my delight) my second picture to go up on the front page of Photoblog. The other one was the Green Bridge in January. Glad to know my law of averages approach is working. :)

No comments: