Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wii little modchip

Bit the bullet last weekend and sent in our Wii to be 'modified'. $120 seemed a little expensive but I guess it's paying for peace of mind to get a Wiikey properly installed. I'd been holding off modchips for a while to see how region free compatibility would play out but it looks like that's not going to happen until the hackers find a way to flash the machine's BIOS. Not exactly something I'm keen on doing as I'd like to play online.

Already downloaded enough games to make up the cost for the chip so I'm not bothered. Mario Strikers and Paper Mario are excellent fun. And I wouldn't normally even be able to play them as they're not available down under yet. :P

Now to wait for all the other drool worthy games to get released.
  • Mario Party 8
  • Metroid Prime 3
  • Mario Galaxy
  • Smash Brothers Brawl
Mmm... and that's just the first party ones!

No comments: