Saturday, November 17, 2007

Now to find Carmen Sandiego

Over the past few years my embarrassing lack of geographic knowledge and awareness has been the cause of much disappointment and aggravation in our household. Coupled with my inability to identify the business end of a road map and you have prime ingredients for a navigational nightmare. This is especially true when I don't have my loving and somewhat patient wife to pass driving duties to so I'm desperately in need of assistance.

In the interest of saving money for Christmas, Alison offered to buy me half a GPS as my present. With the same spirit of frugality in mind I decided to purchase the remaining half as her gift. I'm so thoughtful.

We picked up a Garmin Nuvi 250 at our local GPS store and have been fiddling with it for most of the day. Initial tests have proven promising thus far and the unit seems more than up to the task of directing even the most oblivious of drivers (moi). I'm particularly impressed with how it quickly recalculates the route when I miss three turns in a row. ^_^;

I'm also keen on dabbling in Geocaching even if the salesperson didn't think it would be the best model for the job. Sounds like a heap of fun.

No comments: