Thursday, January 08, 2009

Birthday Girl

Alison and I usually try to take the day off for birthdays to enjoy them together, and I'd like to think we make full use of the day if we can. This year however we let things slide a little for Alsie's special day, on account of the extended Christmas break we had and my anaemic annual leave balance. The morning began with the unceremonious tearing of wrapping paper and reading birthday wishes.



Though I couldn't think of anything worse, Alison swears that she had a great day at work on her birthday. I personally prefer to have the work celebrations deferred as it almost feels like you get two days for the price of one. Then again I'm probably just spoilt rotten by those around me.

The evening saw us dining at Garuva's where we enjoyed an elaborate spread of dishes. It was mum's shout as a present so Alison even indulged in a cocktail on the night.



Very quiet but great to spend the day with those we love. Personally I think we'll revert back to grand plans and days chock full of activities next year. I know I certainly have high expectations for May...



Happy Birthday darling!

No comments: