Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Laptops a plenty

One of the perks of my new 'role' and responsibility within the team is that I'll have the chance to work on longer term projects with the option to do so from home. Of course in order to accomplish this I'd need a laptop... which came today!



The new lappie (third in the house now) is a Dell Latitude D820 and is pretty darn sweet. Can't believe it's already trumped my Toshiba in terms of processing power (a Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz compared to a Core Duo 2.0Ghz). Also managed to score 2 gig of RAM somehow so I shouldn't have any problems running large queries on this baby for a while.

Great thing about the Dell is that it's 'only' a 15.4" wide screen so I don't bust my legs when using it on my lap. Battery life is a lot better than the Toshiba too so this makes a great surfing laptop when at home.

Wonder what's next, maybe a MacBook Pro after I retire my Toshiba to PVR duty?

2 comments:

yinyang said...

the new MBP with a Core Duo 2 would have wiped the floor....! :-)

"The journey from the Dark Side long will be for this one!"

Sharim said...

With you gone I'm afraid that MBPs have no chance of becoming part of our SOE.

Seriously, next laptop I salary sacrifice (which granted will be a while away) will hopefully have a fruit on it.