Sunday, December 03, 2006

Printing Press

Today Al's and I lugged home our new Canon all-in-one printer and scanner from Harvey Norman. This is of course in anticipation of lots scanning and err... printing that I'm sure we'll do in preparation for the wedding. It'll also come in useful when we need to start printing money to replenish our dwindling bank account.



To test the new toy out I thought I'd print out an electronic issue of Game Developer Magazine for some free loo reading material. Quality is certainly readable though I think I'll have to fork out for some decent quality paper to prevent the ink from bleeding through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bog reading for me means economy/draft mode and cheap double-sided paper.

My Epson R800 is made for squirting out photo prints so unreal you'd swear they came from Kodak, but boy oh boy when you work out the per page cost, you go to the Kodak shop anyway!

Sharim said...

The text is pretty small on the mag so I'm not sure how legible it'll be if I switch to draft mode. Will go a huntin' for some new paper soon though as duplex prints are essential if I'm to avoid lugging around reams of printed articles.