Friday, December 22, 2006

Wii Christmas

It's that time of year yet again and we'll be driving up to Toowoomba this afternoon for another Christmas in the Liley household. My future mother-in-law has recently earned some geek cred by finally getting ADSL installed at home. Now to get her a webcam and set up video conferencing.

Tried working from home for the first time yesterday and it was just surreal. Managed to get a heap of stuff done that I probably wouldn't have if I were in the office getting interrupted but for some reason it didn't really feel like I'd been to "work". Casual attire was another plus as was the lack of driving in Brisbane traffic so I might continue to exercise my option to telecommute. At least until social isolation and declining personal hygiene force me back into the workplace.

Not a day gone by so far without some getting some Wii-age on. Zelda is certainly looking like it's going to be a longer quest than I initially expected but that's a good thing. Nintendo also surprised everyone by delivering the new Weather Forecast channel a day early so I've been having fun with that. Probably not quite as much fun as Gabe here. Now we're just eagerly awaiting the beta version of Opera that the Big N promised to send us this weekend.

We'll be packing up the console to bring up for everyone to have a go. Can't wait to see what Peter (Alison's tech savvy granddad) will have to say about it.

And on that note we wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

No comments: