Saturday, December 09, 2006

Wii launch and Bond

Time for yet another quick and lazy update. I've been far too pre-occupied as of late playing on my new Nintendo Wii and boy is it goooooood. Always the eager puppy I couldn't wait till after work on December 7th when the console was supposed to launch. Nope, toying with the occupational hazards of sleep deprivation we (Alison mainly for moral support) braved the crowd at Indooroopilly at midnight on the 6th just to get our grubby hands on pure gameplay joy a little sooner.



Here's Alison holding the line with Kath and Andrew. Can you feel the excitement in the crowd!? We were told that of 170 pre-orders there would be about 100 customers showing up for the midnight event. Seemed as though every Tom, Dick and Harry decided to bring three friends along so the line was unnecessarily long and messy.

Alright, so not much excitement. No riots and certainly no drive by shootings. In fact there was barely any misbehaving going on in the line up unless you considered the criminal lack of deodorant among the geek crowd.





Just one hour after the official Australian launch I managed to walk out of EB with my brand new Wii. Unwrapping and playing would not commence that night sadly but I managed to get an early start the next day and have been swinging wii-motes wildly ever since.

We needed to take a social break to go to the Michael Hill Christmas party on Friday night. It was a James Bond theme so I opted to go as Q. Alison tells me she's supposed to be "Odd Job" but being Bond-ignorant I haven't the foggiest who that is.



Of course my costume choice was really just an excuse to keep my gadgets on me. I couldn't bear to part with my wii-mote for a second. :)

We'll be heading over to Kath and Andrew's for a Wiikend of multiplayer fun tomorrow so more updates on the super games then. In the mean time I think it's safe to say that Nintendo definitely have a hit on their hands with the Wii, oh and Zelda rocks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you didn't know who Odd Job was...!?

tut tut!!

make sure your Wii-mote doesnt end up in the TV please!!

Sharim said...

No broken TVs yet but Alison has managed to hit me during a close game of Wii Tennis. I'd recommend giving other players LOTS of swinging space unless you want to end up with bruises.

Anonymous said...

Should be picking up our's today (early Christmas present I talked mum into)... the people at work with them have been raving about them.

Tell Al she should've made you go as Oddjob instead. :P

Sharim said...

I'm trying to convert everyone at work as well so hopefully there'll be a few more Wii numbers for me to add into our address book. Let me know what your number is when you get it. Will post ours later.

It would have been a better fit for me to go as Oddjob but Q gets all the cool gadgets so I couldn't resist.