Monday, January 01, 2007

A brand new year

Happy 2007 to everyone! Als and I ushered in the new year with a night of fun and food at Kath and Andrew's; playing Wii and boardgames while sampling delightful delicacies with youthful abandon before retiring in a tipsy stupor at an embarassingly early hour (12:15 I believe). One day we'll learn to party as adults do.

As is customary at the start of the neo-annum I've drafted a few resolutions to attempt. Some of them of course are old favourites but let's hope that in writing them, albeit virtually, I'll be more inclined to stick to my guns.
  • Eat healthier and exercise more (There's a big event coming up in June I hear which I might want to look good for)
  • Save more money
  • Find more time to play and actually finish some of my games (Hah)
  • Spend more time working on my game projects (Double Hah)
My main resolution which I'd like to keep though is to try this whole Photo a Day craze which I've heard about. I figure that January 1st is a good time as any to start taking photos for a whole year and with luck come out with a nifty calendar at the end of it. Alison, with prior knowledge that I was planning on doing this, signed me up for a year long subscription to Australian Photography which will should help me keep the project going.



Here's the first photo of the year. Not a fantastic one, in fact I have a feeling that over the course of the year there will be more than a fair share of crappy and boring photos of miscellaneous household objects. Hopefully there will be a few good ones in there too though.

Rather than flooding my neglected Flickr account with random pictures I've signed up with Photoblog to host all of this. I particularly like the monthly view which they support.



Now here's the real reason why I haven't spent all that much time on today's photo. We've just got back from town with my new entertainment purchase BattleLore, which is actually the first boardgame I've bought in a fair while. Alison and I are both big fans of Memoir '44 which is based on the same game system used in this so I'm sure we'll like it. Once I make my way through the 80 page rulebook anyway... ^_^;

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year to you both!!

you know there's a 365 days group on Flickr if you decide you need motivation from others...

http://www.flickr.com/groups/365days/

Whizarts Wedding Photography said...

Yo! Where are the photos man? It has been 2-3 days? Where are you going to post the pictures? Anyway, my blog is up just in case you didn't know. It's at wedding.whizarts.com/blog.html

Cheers & Happy New Year!

Sharim said...

Dude, photos are here

Thanks for the link. Looks like the two of you have been busy with heaps of weddings. Good on ya.