Monday, January 29, 2007

Crumpler Whore

Went into the city yesterday to take snap some piccies and prowl the shops. First stop was into Ted's camera shop to see if they'd have a slim Hoya circular polarizer but all they had was the normal thick variety. Would have probably picked it up anyway if they had any step up rings in stock.

As seems to be tradition when I can't buy camera gear, I decided it was time to replace my chaffing freebie Canon camera bag with something of a little more quality. It's the perfect size for carrying the body with a lens mounted and an extra lens.



We waited till the noon sun came out before waltzing over to Brisbane Square to fire off a few shots. The architecture is rather gaudy but it was great fun to take pictures of.



I used my 18-55mm kit lens at widest to take everything in and corrected perspective in photoshop. First time I'd noticed how much chromatic aberration I get with that lens but thankfully that was simple to fix too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should buy Crumpler and all other gadget stocks, so that everytime you let your weakness guide the impulsive indulgence, we let the flow of wealth to this side of the world fill my belly! ^_^

Anonymous said...

i try to stay away from the Crumpler Store these days - I've got six Crumplers pieces, four of which are bags! It's like the Bermuda Triangle for my bank balance :-)

Anonymous said...

You'll have to point me in the right direction to a Crumpler store. I'm wondering what all the fuss is about. It is not common here in the States, at least not to my knowledge.