Thursday, January 31, 2008

Arrival and temperamental routers

Against the considerable might of Alison's worst fears, we've somehow managed to survive yet another white knuckle flight from Brisbane to KL. My DS and the new Advanced Wars proved to be a welcome distraction from the tedium of travel and screaming children. Unfortunately the addictive nature of the game coupled with the rare treat of arriving ahead of schedule meant that I didn't get quite as many winks as I'd hoped on the plane, never a good thing on a midnight flight.



Thankfully the stop over at Changi Airport proved to be more relaxing than I'd originally expected.

Struggling against a wave of narcolepsy, I've tried to keep myself busy by 'fixing' mum's wireless connection here in Kajang. Still not entirely sure how I got it to work but somehow my frantic tinkering of the WEP settings seems to have done the trick. Sad to say my triumph is somewhat soured by the infuriating tendency of this router to reset itself for no good reason. From what I can tell it seems to be caused by too much network traffic so I don't have high hopes for setting up video chat for Skype here.

We've already been treated to the first of many greasy breakfasts and I must say it's nice to have real asian food again.

On a sad note, we've had yet another aquatic death. While popping in the two week feeder on the way out I had trouble spotting Connie in the tank. After rummaging among the rocks we soon found what had become of her. The taxi was on the way so we had to forgo the twenty-one gun salute and dug a shallow grave for the poor lass next to her brother. Another goldfish (Gustav) had actually joined the family a couple of weeks ago so we suspect foul play. Hopefully the others will survive till we return to conduct a full investigation.

Not going to let that case a downer on our vacation though. Super excited about the next two and a half weeks with Chinese New Year, weddings and heaps to look forward to.

No comments: