Sunday, February 17, 2008

Back again

And just like that our holiday's sadly over. We're now back in Brisbane safely and have confirmed that the fish have survived two and a half weeks of neglect. Great news as I really don't have the energy to clean and dispose of an aquarium right now.

There were a few bumps on the leg from Singapore to Brisbane and this time we didn't have the luxurious comfort of an exit row. We tried to book our seats early but it was a packed flight filled with Lufthansa passengers piggy backing on the SIA plane (I despise coach sharing). What really ground my gears though was the ridiculous escalation in airport security. Our carry on baggage was scanned before entering the terminal, again before entering the departure lounge, again when we disembarked from the plane in transit and of course for good measure one more time about 20 metres later as we boarded our last plane in Singapore. I mean everyone knows that a Singapore Airlines flight in midair is a raving hot spot for drug and firearm procurement.

I'm sure I'll be less grumpy after a snooze this afternoon.

No comments: