Tuesday, May 13, 2008

27th year

Tic-toc and another birthday has come and gone. Alison, the darling that she is, put a heap of effort into making it a fun and relaxing weekend. After returning from Toowoomba on Mother's Day she immediately got onto making this year's birthday cake request (Tiramisu) which we sampled after a nice dinner out at Gino's Traditional Italian restaurant. I'd describe dinner but I think that Alison's done well here in her blogging debut.



Alison may have been apprehensive about the outcome of her afternoon's efforts but I think the result was more than satisfactory. Not too much alcohol which I like, though perhaps it might need a little more cream next time.



Birthday morning began with the presentation of many gifts including:
Super cool socks will certainly help jazz up my outfit when I need to start wearing a uniform at Flight Centre. :P

I had yet another surprise waiting for me in the evening at dinner. Rather than a fancy meal out I was treated to a cooking class at the James Street Cooking School. The course for the night was "Seafood BBQ" and we had a blast. Very informative, great food and good company.



Dishes we made on the night were Korean Squid, Mediterranean BBQ Prawns and Moroccan Fish. The school also supplied grilled sweet potatoes and salad (blue cheese, rocket, pear and pine nuts) to compliment out meals. I'm fairly sure we'll be back for another class one day.

Thanks babe for a super birthday. :D

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome man. Happy birthday!

Sharim said...

Thanks dude :)

yinyang said...

hey happy birthday!!

so when do you finish up @ MHJ - has Dan organised a party?

Anonymous said...

Cooking Class.........eh!
Great-food on table looks professional !!!!
Maybe i get to try - one day

Sharim said...

Thank ya! I'll be finishing up on the 30th of May (which is a Friday). Not sure if Dan has actually organised anything though he's not my manager anymore so if he does then it'll be after work stuff. Would be good to catch up if you're free?

Thanks mum. You won't be able to try this since it's all seafood but we'll be sure to cook something on the barbie the next time you're over :)

Tine said...

Wow, looks like a lot of fun. Especially the cooking lesson, that's certainly something different.

Happy belated birthday from Tim and I :)