Thursday, May 01, 2008

I believe I can fly

I've loved my time at Michael Hill over the past three years. A truly special crew have made it a great environment to grow professionally and personally. There were lots of fun times, a few tiring times and literally a bucket load of food consumed through it all. It's a sad thing to say but I've felt for a while now that it's just about time to move on to see what else there is out there.

Today I've submitted my four weeks notice and am very happy to announce that I'll be starting a new role at Flight Centre on the 2nd of June. It's a software development position in a pretty large IT group (about eight times the size of Michael Hill) with some pretty exciting upcoming projects. I'm especially stoked at the thought of getting my mitts on trying out Test Driven Development which I've been trying to push at work with no real success for a while now.

Other perks that I'll be looking forward to include an individual training budget, CBD location and travel/holiday discounts. I'm practically salivating with anticipation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Congrats....! :-)

But I'm sure Dan will miss you!

Now I was looking for a flight.....! lol!!

Sharim said...

Thanks mate. I'll be missing lots of the team too. They can remind me of how much they love me by loading up my car with bling before I drive away. ;)

SURE! Cheap flights for everyone!

Anonymous said...

Fly .....fly, fly up up to the top
always with you