Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bang Bang Bang Bangalow

Alsie and I had such a great time in Byron last month that we figured we'd take mum back there for a little day trip. Mum and I decided to forego breakfast with the promise of smoking hot German sausages on our arrival, so my tummy was rumbly by the time we pulled into the car park. I ordered a sweet and tender buffalo sausage covered in sauerkraut, onions and wrapped in fluffy soft panini. Seems like mum really enjoyed her Bratwurst.



The three of us had a great time browsing the stalls until the heavens opened up. Our dinky little umbrellas weren't much help and before long my shoes were absolutely soaked. That did however give me a perfect excuse to get out of my soggy Campers to pick up a cheap pair of Crocs thongs, sadly my only purchase for the day.



Retreating from market drenching, we proceeded slowly into Byron itself to have a light lunch at the Beach Cafe. Tempted by the fusion choice on the menu, I ordered a spicy crust Atlantic salmon on a bed of soba noodles, rocket and cherry tomatoes dressed with soya sauce.



The sky looked pretty threatening once again after lunch so we blitzed by the lighthouse and hit the road once again back to Brisbane. Driving up the Pacific Motorway in a torrential downpour was nerve wrecking to say the least. It turned out to be a pretty uncomfortable three hour trip back home in the end but at least we had a fun time trying to keep dry in NSW.

No comments: