Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas

Another Toowoomba Christmas has come and gone, though this one was particularly special as mum got to share it with us this year. I think she did remarkably well to remember names as the avalanche (har har) of Snows descended on us Christmas Eve. The evening proceeded in typical fashion with Peter taking on Santa duties, a belt busting feast and an involuntary choir recital of the 12 days of Christmas. It's what we do every year but I wouldn't have it any other way.



James and Dora were sorely missed this year at the long table, as they're currently busy galavanting around Spain. With the wonders of technology (and a recent purchase for John) we managed to catch up with the two of them in their Barcelona hotel room virtually through Skype. Peter was predictably impressed by the whole concept of video conferencing.

Presents for us this year had a decidedly domestic slant which was absolutely brilliant. I'm now the proud owner of a full complement of BBQ utensils along with a book of outdoor recipes to inspire me once we fork out for a new barby. Alison I've never seen so excited as she ripped open her bottle spray of weed killer that will come in useful in our battle with the front lawn.



I'm pleased to say that we've made some great steps to tech up the house in Toowoomba. John has inherited my old Netgear wireless router and we braved the raging mob at Harvey Norman on boxing day to pick up a webcam for Sheena's computer along with a set top box. I tried to convince them to just get a PVR but that's going to have to be a fight for another day. At least Sheenie has access to ABC2 now.

Alsie and I won't have to return to the stress of working life till early January so we intend to spend the rest of our break showing mum a little more of our corner of Australia. The first trip should kick off tomorrow with a leisurely drive down to the Bangalow markets. Ah, I love holidays.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funnily enough I was in Toowoomba today for a 50th birthday celebration. Couldn't stay with the rest of the family though as I go back to KL on Monday night, and I have a house to prep for a much longer absence!

No pictures of food - you're slacking.....!!

Sharim said...

I didn't even bring up a camera this year! The rest of the family weren't very impressed. :P