Monday, May 10, 2010

Week Ten, Two To Go

I've been doing lots of running. Lots and lots of running, certainly by my standards. I've finally gotten fit enough to do the city loop comfortably (around a 6.25KM round trip) during my lunch break. Took me about 40 minutes today so that's an average 6:40 pace (about 9km/h). I'd like to be able to get that down to a 6:00 pace eventually.

Starting to really enjoy jogging around again, though this does mean that I've had less time in the gym to do weights. I think I've actually lost some muscle tone as a result, but at least I'm closer to my target weight.



Two more kilos to lose to get to my goal and two weeks to do it in. Should still be possible if I focus and keep up the cardio. It's also all in prep for the 20K that we'll be walking on the 23rd.

As an aside, I woke up early this morning and placed my order for a 64gig WIFI iPad, along with a camera connection kit and an iPad dock. Apple should hopefully ship it out to the office in time for the launch day on the 28th of May. I just hope that they don't have a problem with shipping as I'd be rather disappointed without an iPad for the weekend. Now I'm also looking around for new bags, this Tom Bihn one looks pretty good.

No comments: