Sunday, October 04, 2009

Fan of Games

Phew, we've had a quite a productive weekend. Firstly I'm pleased to say that we've officially signed the contract with our builder so there's no turning back now. One would argue I suppose that turning our backyard upside down would have been the point of no return but there's something final about putting your mark to paper. Unfortunately the job won't actually start until the week after (officially on the 13th of October) so we have to put up with unworked ground for a little while more.



The fans and lights that we ordered also came in this weekend, so we dumped all that in the garage we just cleared last week. Great timing as we have a sparky coming through on the 12th to install some of the lights, fans and GPOs inside the house. This will all be happening on the same day that we're having insulation batts installed in the roof to help deal with the upcoming summer heat. Rather nice as the insulation is largely subsidised by the Australian government, score!

Not content with the amount of money we're already throwing into the house, I somehow thought it would be appropriate to pick up something I've been eyeing for a while... a Playstation 3. One of the new discounted Slim versions that is. To be fair, I've been saving up my pocket money for this for months now (or some other lust worthy gadget) so this shouldn't affect our renovation coffers.



We got a reasonable deal on it and picked up Little Big Planet as well as Metal Gear Solid 4 to play. We had a taste of LBP at Kath and Andrew's one night so we knew it would be wicked fun. It's been a while since I've played an MGS game so I'm a little pathetic for now but hope to improve with practice. At least I have a full collection now of consoles and can look forward to great stuff like God of War 3 and Final Fantasy XIII.

Speaking of Final Fantasy, I stumbled across this little video the other day and was extremely impressed. It's basically a mashup with the Dead or Alive and Final Fantasy girls having a big melee. Great choreography for a fan made video and certainly epic in scale. I'm a bit of a sucker for these things.



This is actually the second in a series (the first can be seen here) but it's the longest with the largest cast. Oh and of course Tifa kicks butt once more so I'm obviously pleased, although I was a little torn between cheering for her and Hitomi. The others in the series are certainly worth watching as well and I'm eager to see more.

Just one more game related video. I've somehow managed to miss the announcement of a little game called Torchlight. It's by the same people who did Hellgate London, which I thought was a disappointment. This on the other hand looks quite promising and I shouldn't have too long to wait before finding out for myself as it'll be released on the 27th of this month. Something to tie me over till Diablo 3 comes out.



Alright, now back to playing games. :)

No comments: