Monday, November 14, 2005

Road trippin'

Had my first driving lesson today. I know it's been a while since I've driven a manual but heck the instructor didn't trust me at ALL. The guy kept hitting my brake and clutch even when we had AMPLE room. Must say he wouldn't last two minutes driving in Malaysia.

Seems like they didn't put up too much of a fuss when I showed them my Malaysian license so I should be able to go straight on to my open license (no probationary period) once I've passed my test. I'm currently booked in for another lesson on the 10th of December and the test on the 13th so I guess I'd better start practicing.

I've been trying to curb my spending what with the expensive holiday season coming up but I do have something new to add to my lust list. Alison and I went on a death march around the CBD looking for music stores so I could check out prices on a Maton CW80. I've been drooling for one of these for about three years now. Another six string I've recently started considering as an alternative is the Cole Clark Fat Lady 2. It feels pretty similar to the CW80 and the luthier has apparently been making Maton guitars for over 40 years and just recently started his own brand. Much cheaper too so it's real tempting.

No comments: