Saturday, November 19, 2005

A soul singing with six strings

Well that cuts it. I always use to say that my first pay check in the work force would go towards paying for a solid wood acoustic. Practicality and real life necessities have delayed the purchase but I've finally gone and bought my first 'decent' guitar.



Here she is in all her glory. A Cole Clark Fat Lady 2 cutaway with acoustic pickups, bunya top and Queensland maple back and sides. I was going to go for the spruce top but they only had one made from bunya which didn't bother me as I liked the look and sound I got from it. Hard to believe what a difference it is compared to my Washburn. The sustain is pretty darn amazing and she's so easy to play it's hard to put her down. This is one case where you don't want it to be over when the fat lady sings. :)

We heard from a few friends that Billie Hyde in the valley were having a crazy sale so we checked the prices there first. Good thing too as the model I wanted to get ended up being about 300 bucks cheaper than what I was prepared to pay for it. Can't complain really.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE!!!!!!!!!! So you've upgraded from Encik Cuci Bakar to Pakcik C.C. Gemuk Wanita Dua. That's quite a title man. Sorry but doesn't quite qualify for Datuk just yet man...

How about some recordings for me to hear?

Sharim said...

That is quite a title indeed. I'm not sure Alison is going to let me get a Datuk before I turn 50. Even I think I have too many guitars now. ^_^;

Recording might have to wait for a while as the line in on my PC is pretty crap for some reason. Going to wait till I get my Intel powerbook next year to record a few tracks on Garage Band.

Anonymous said...

Superb!!!

I love the grain on that soundboard - beats boring spruce any day (both mine are Spruce/Rosewood, and they are decidedly boring to look at).

I'll see if I can make it over one day, seeing that I'm not so far away anymore - I'd love to sample that beast. That thing looks like a tone cannon!

Sharim said...

You know you're always welcome to come over. Bring your guitar(s) if you do though so we can have a good jam. :)