Tuesday, August 22, 2006

New look... sorta

Seeing as this blog has actually lasted for over a year I figure it's about time to update the little beast with all the new functions that Google have provided. Probably doesn't look all that different to the casual observer but I really like what I see in the new Blogger beta that Google have on offer.
  • Funky new UI for customising templates
  • Collapsable archive links (nifty!)
  • An "Older posts" link at the bottom of each page (Finally!)
  • Support for labels (Yahoo!)
Of course now I'm going to have to go back through over a hundred posts to apply labels to all of them... consistently.

I've also removed the recently added search bar on the side when I noticed that the navbar above already includes a Google powered search feature. Seems to work a heck of a lot better than that add in anyway.

The only downside to upgrading to the beta is that they don't support direct HTML changes to the template so I've lost my favicon and collapsing comments. Guess I'll just have to wait till Google takes it out of beta. Not a comforting thought when you realise that Gmail after all these years is still considered a "beta" product by the company.

Looks like I've managed to "prolong" my holiday after all. I've been at home resting for the past two days trying not to hack up my lungs into the sink. Taking lots of fluids and popping pills like tic tacs but it looks like I'm going to be in for a long fight to recovery.

No comments: