Sunday, August 31, 2008

Duck and Cover

That's what I get for trying to foster an active lifestyle. Figured we'd cap off a sedentary day of (in my case) iPhone fiddling with a nice stroll around the neighborhood to get some fresh air and exercise. Ended up getting sniped in the back of the head by a demonic magpie in the park for my trouble.

Thankfully we managed to execute a tactical retreat from the military hand book of "Hand flailing and feminine squealing". Got a little bit of blood from my combat wound but I shrugged it off with barely a whimper.

I'd always met Alison's ornithophobia with a hint of amusement but now I can empathise. On the bright side, I got a legitimate excuse to Tweet about something with my iPhone out in the wild. Yes, the irony of tweeting about a bird attack was not lost on me...

1 comment:

dlanod said...

I concur with Alison on magpies... I got hit by one when we used to live in Brisbane, so about twenty years ago, and I still don't trust the evil creatures. We didn't have them in Cairns, so walking across Emmanuel's quad in front of hordes of them freaked me out for quite some months.