Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Long Day

Well the Saturday trip into the office went on a little longer than we expected but at least it was a success at the end. I actually thought it was a relatively smooth launch even with the stumbling blocks we encountered on the way.

Everyone put in a huge effort to provide a decent spread to keep us going through the day. Jane rocked up with a heap of cheese, grapes, crackers, strawberries, kabanas and cashews. Dan had pineapples, starfruit, olives and a tub of cream. Ross Boss came to lend moral support and dump a 750g bag of cashew nuts (which was never opened ^_^;), lamingtons, more strawberries and a chocolate cake. I added a measely packet of tim tams to the mountain of food that was devoured over a span of eight odd hours.

Here's a belated shot of the pig out session.



Jane and I ended up pulling out a 13 hour day from 11 in the morning till midnight. We were a little drained towards the end so here we are watching the Wallabies get flogged by the All Blacks.



Dan was in the office be seven in the morning running preliminary scripts so he had a mammoth 17 hours. Here he is still going strong.



I reckon it's still going to be a long week ahead of resolving issues but at least the new versions are out there. Hurray for the team!

Al was kind enough to drive out to give me a lift at about 9 at night even thoughs he wasn't feeling too well. I'm going to have to get that darn open license soon. On the bright side she was just in time for our order of Thai food. It was nice bonus that she got a chance to see me doing stuff at work.

Oh, and Happy Fathers day to Dads out there. Dobby and Half didn't get me a present this year but I know they love me all the same. :)

No comments: