Sunday, October 02, 2005

Food for thought

Today Alison and I went out for a walk in the morning down to the Indooroopilly farmer's market. It's held fortnightly on Sunday at the Nudgee Junior school fields and consists of a wide variety of food products from fresh fruit and veg to piping hot take away meals. I started the day with a frankfurter with saurkraut fresh off the grill while Alison had what I believe is the first cornish pastie I've seen in Australia. It wasn't half bad but I still prefer the pasties that come out of my Aunt Lucy's oven in Torquay. After walking around and stuffing our faces with gelati and free samples we left the markets with a huge bag of oranges, three ears of corn for a dollar and this lovely container full of marinated fetta cheese. I think we're definitely going to have to come back to do our shopping next time.

Spurred on by the promise of good food, we finally took the plunge today and bought a new fridge to replace the aging behemoth that sits in our kitchen. I would have gone for the super duper icebox with a built in TV and complimentary IP address but we managed to come to a compromise and picked the most cost effective fridge with some buttons on it for me to fiddle with. Our new toy (an LG GR-R466JTA) should be delivered next Saturday. Can't wait to play with the child lock feature. ^_^

2 comments:

yinyang said...

I'm expecting to see some recipes from you now, and some glorious pictures of said recipes with the new super duper macro lens of yours :-)

Sharim said...

I'll be sure to take a few snaps as long as I can get Alison to stop yelling at me to put the camera down and help with getting dinner ready.