Friday, October 21, 2005

TGIF

Woah this week just flew by. Looks like it's going to be a nice long weekend for me. We have a developer meet up to discuss future IT work practices today so it'll be a nice change of pace, hopefully with some good outcomes. It's going to be at Taringa which is one train stop away from Indooroopilly so this'll probably be the only time my trip into 'work' will be shorter than everyone else's (possibly with the exception of Jane as it's her house). Not much gaming time on the train today it seems.

Absolutely loving the new firmware patch for the SuperCard. At the moment I'm jumping between two games I have on it depending on my mood.

The first is Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Heh, if Trauma Centre were a surgical simulation I guess PW would be a lawyer simulation. It sorta plays out like an episode of Law and Order in Anime style. You have to question witnesses and find clues to contradict witness testimonies so you can prove your client is innocent. Sorta half logic puzzle half english comprehension and darn it's addictive if just to see what the next twist in the trial is.

The other game I'm hooked on right now is a Japanese music game "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!". It roughly transaltes as "Go! Fight! Cheer squad!", which you can probably deduce from the title is one whacky game. The game involves different scenes of people in need of help so the Cheer Squad, three gangsters that dance and cheer to keep the subject's fighting spirit up so they can complete the task at hand. This may be anything from a student trying to pass university entrance exams to two policemen fighting alien robots so watching the cut scenes is a real hoot. The music is excellent too and includes titles from my favourite Japanese rock bands L'arc en Ciel, Hitomi Yaida and Asian Kungfu Generation.

Haven't had the chance to play much PC games lately but I'll be sure to rectify that this weekend. Itching to install Black & White 2 so I can wreak wanton havoc on my misguided followers.

No comments: