Friday, October 07, 2005

Mmm many games

Sad to say that I didn't come home today to find my SuperCard waiting on the doorstep so I have yet another week of longing and rushing back from work to look for attempted delivery notes. Might be a blessing though as there seem to be a fair few good games coming out lately and I don't have the time to play all of them.

Winter Assault, the expansion (hopefully the first of many) for Warhammer 40K Dawn of War came out a while back and I finally got my hands on a copy yesterday. It adds the Imperial Guard to the list of playable races which I still find a little dissapointing as I would have preferred something along the lines of say the Dark Eldar or the Tyrannids. IG are still lots of fun though from what I could tell in the tutorial and I'm looking forward to spending some time purging heathens in the name of the Emperor this weekend.

Also picked up another ROM for my DS which I've been waiting for. Trauma Centre: Under the Knife is for the lack of a better term a surgical simulation and is another example of why I think the DS is far superior to the overpriced and unoriginal PSP. In the game you follow a anime-ish story line of a young surgeon and deal with various operations, using the stylus and touch screen to conduct your procedures with different tools. It feels like a cross between the old Operation boardgame and a puzzler as you usually have to figure out how best to treat your patient based on the diagnosis and suggestions from other surgeons and nurses. Good clean fun.

Guess these two games and a few other promising ones on the horizon will keep me happy till I find a parcel and RomMan releases the patcher for the SuperCard to play 512Mb ROMs. Oh it's so hard being a gaming geek. :P

No comments: