Saturday, October 01, 2005

Eyes only

Back from another night at the movies and the show for this week was Serenity. It's a sci-fi flick directed by Joss Whedon (the guy who wrote Buffy and Angel) and is based off his lesser known series Firefly. I'm a fan of the show (Firefly that is) and always thought it was a shame that the studios decided to can it after half a season so buying a ticket to watch Serenity was a no brainer really. Alison required a little more convincing but I genuinely think she enjoyed it so I might stand a chance at coercing her into watching the series with me again. :)

Spent most of today making my way through Full Metal Alchemist which is the first anime I've watched in a while. It's enjoyable and certainly fills in the time on my train ride to work. Might just be that I'm jaded after watching too much anime in my 'youth' but it still seems pretty familiar. I'd probably describe it as a cross between Trigun and Flame of Recca. Never thought I'd start getting picky about the shows I watch. The anime does however get bonus points from me for using a L'arc en Ciel song (Ready, Steady, Go) as an opening theme.

Also picked up my Raynox lens from the post office today. Haven't really had a chance to give it more than a short play. My initial impressions are that the magnification and working distance is great but the attachment seems to slow down my setup considerably so I'm forced to use longer shutter speeds and a tripod. Most of my tests were done indoors in pretty crappy lighting though so things might be different on a flower shoot in the sun.

2 comments:

yinyang said...

Glad to hear that Serenity was a success! Now you had better get a move on the BSG!!

Sharim said...

Well now we have 10 more episodes of Firefly to watch before we get back to BSG... and Weeds... and Prison Break... :P