Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Not so super colours

Picked up my Supercard yesterday but didn't have time to write a post as we met Kath and Andrew for dinner. It's been a while since we've eaten at Pizza Cafe and I think I'm starting to like it again. Probably got sick of it after eating too much before.

Anyway, Supercard... all exciting. The only thing I was concerned about when I picked it up was the colour of the card. To date I've never seen a site that lets you choose what colour you get when ordering so I basically hoped I would get a decent one. The original cart when RomMan first released it was a transparent blue which looked a little cheap in my opinion but certainly servicable. From other pictures I'd seen I hoped for a nice solid grey card to suit my silver DS. Imagine my surprise when I tore open the box to find... PINK



At least the darn thing works. I flashed the latest firmware onto it and can now play NES, GBA and NDS games all off my spare 128MB SD card. It's wonderful doing away with flash hardware. Now I just need to wait for the next firmware update to allow larger ROM sizes which should be released this week.

Guess I'll get to try that out when we come back from our trip on Sunday. Hope to have lots of urban pictures of Melbourne to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEE-INK!

Flamboyant!!! wooo!