Saturday, August 27, 2005

I caved



I was hoping I could last a little longer than a week but my head has somehow managed to justify the purchase. I've gone for the twin lens kit with the 18-55mm EF-S lens and a 55-200mm EF lens. I'll be getting used to it this weekend and should hopefully have some new pics up on flickr soon.

Huzzah for my first DSLR :)

Update: Well I've played around for an afternoon and I have to say that it's a completely different experience compared to my Pro90IS. I'm still trying to figure out what I can get away with for exposure settings. It seems like I'm getting decent results even when I increase my shutter speed to the point where the camera warns me that the aperture won't open wide enough to allow proper exposure. I do miss the swivel LCD display but I'm sure I'll get used to using a viewfinder and I'm having a blast trying to track our fish with manual focus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn! Now I am the only odd one out!

Sharim said...

Don't worry man. You'll have your sweet Panasonic in your hands before you know it. :)

Sharim said...

I tried using AI-servo for a while but it seemed to take longer to achieve focus lock. Even when it did half the time it used the wrong AF point. It's probably because I'm not using the right settings.

Besides this is my first camera which has a manual focus ring so I'm just having fun. The pro90 has two manual focus buttons which is a pain to use quickly.