Sunday, August 21, 2005

It's so dark I can't see!

Alison and I have been mulling over this whole camera buying business lately. Today I got my first chance to hold the 350D at Harvey Norman and I must say it is SEEEHHHWEEEEEET. Can't believe how light it is.

Anyway we figure that it's about time we do some travelling so the current plan is to take a trip down to Sydney or Melbourne in November. I'll need a new camera to take advantage of this perfect test drive opportunity. :)

Reading up on photography techniques it seems like I have a LONG way to go before I deserve a decent camera. I just found out that I've been paying so much attention to my shutter speed and aperture settings that I'd completely ignored what ISO I use in my photos. It's no wonder that all my night time shots are so crap. ^_^;

1 comment:

Sharim said...

I was mainly referring to the shutter speed I had to use with ISO50. When I drummed it up to ISO400 the suggested shutter speed dropped from 0.4 seconds to something reasonable like 1/15 if I remember correctly.

Definitely going for the black. That should be a nice contrast against my silver Pro90.

Not sure if support from another gadget geek is going to sway Al but I'll pass it on anyway. :)