Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I got cred

Came home today to find a surprise waiting for me on the kitchen counter. My Virgin credit card in all its aqua blue glory is finally in my hands and all I can say is it's about bloody time.

Now before any of you point out how impatient I usually am, let me just qualify that I've been waiting for this credit card for close to half a year now. Much of that time was spent providing a ludicrous amount of personal identification, talking to 80 year old call centre workers that suffered from partial hearing loss and sitting through an excruciating 40 minute session in a shopping mall explaining to the nitwit filling out the form how to spell my address. I'm not even talking about 'Indooroopilly', that I could understand even if that shared the same name as the mall the twerp was working in. I'm talking about the 'terrace' in 'Riverview Terrace'.

When will people stop making me want to hurt them?



I guess I should be happy that I got the darn thing in the end. Now I have SUPERIOR BUYING POWER (tm) that I'll unleash on an unsuspecting camera in the not too distant future. Ahh my precious 350D, not too long now my sweet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great man. So when are you going to "un-virgin" your credit card? It has to be something good and pleasureable for the first experience. :)

Anonymous said...

nifty card shape.

Sharim said...

Hmm, as much as I'd like to deflower the card on my camera, I think the first thing I'll probably buy is a flash card for my Nintendo DS. :)