Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Return to Photoshop

After finding some really nice tutorials for Photoshop on the net, I thought I might go back to the old girl to see if she's changed much since I've been gone. To give her a fair chance I decided to start with a simple project similar to what I did with GIMP on Alison's red pepper grinder picture.

I wasn't very happy with the original picture as some of Campbell's colour was being bled out to a yellow car in the background. To increase the contrast I used a mask on top of an adjustment layer to desaturate everything in the background.

It's probably due to my familiarity with photoshop over GIMP but things just seemed a lot more intuitive. I'm quite pleased with the results and look forward to trawling through my picture collection to hunt for other snaps that I can 'improve'.



As a side note, my first impression of Adobe Bridge is that it sucks monkey balls as a viewing program compared to Picasa. Like I'd write a post that didn't plug a Google product. ;)

No comments: