Sunday, August 28, 2005

Snow gathering

Alison and I drove to Eprapah today for a little family get together. Alison's maternal great-grandfather (Charles Snow) basically founded scouting in Queensland and Eprapah scouting reserve is a big scout training site.

The weather was pretty overcast and did not permit any decent shots of the forest paths unfortunately. Forgetting to bring the camera on our 20 minute jaunt through the bush probably didn't help either. The best I could manage was a quick snap of a dead lizard with my mobile.



Lack of direct sunlight however was a fantastic opportunity for taking photos of the family all gathered up with no where to run.



I enjoyed an extended session playing family photographer, taking lots of portrait shots with my telephoto. I'll be posting some of the nicer ones on flickr. Hmm... might be about time for me to go for a Pro account.

2 comments:

Sharim said...

So am I. Just went pro, I'll look up photoshop later. GIMP and Picasa are good enough for my post processing for now.

Sharim said...

I haven't read anything to convince me of the benefits of RAW over JPEG as yet. Might change my mind in the future as I learn more about the camera though.

If you're not concerned about getting a 'legal' copy of photoshop, why don't you just look for a torrent?