Sunday, September 25, 2005

After an absence

Been a while since my last post, mainly due to being cooped up in bed or feeling too tired to draft something up. I've managed to miss three days of work this week and would have gone for four if I hadn't already booked in Friday and Monday off for flex time. Tuesday through to Thursday were lost to a high fever, which an overpriced chest x-ray and urine sample proved to be nothing more than the beginnings of a nasty flu. Friday on to the weekend confirmed that with wretched coughing spells that no ammount of herbal tonics or cough suppressants seemed to help. It's a good thing I still have tomorrow to rest and try to kill this before shuffling back into the office on Tuesday.

Teetering on Death's door didn't stop me from having a 'busy' week though. I was very happy to discover that some kind soul has released a patch tool for NDS ROMs so that they can be loaded from any ordinary GBA flash cart on a DS which has been effectively modified. Basically I got to try out some of the smaller Nintendo DS ROMs in my collection for the first time. Now I'm really keen to get my mitts on the other games so I've gone and ordered a Supercard. It's basically a GBA flash cart which takes SD memory cards rather than using internal memory.

The other bit of Nintendo DS news is that Nintendogs has just been released in Australia. I couldn't resist and bought Alison her own DS and copy of Nintendogs as well so we could both play. She has a little mini schnauzer called Bella while I have two puppies, Kiba a siberian husky and a shitzu named Princess.

Wireless play with the two DSs is a real hoot. It's great playing songs together in Band Brothers.



We also went up to Toowoomba on Friday to see John and Sheena and take some pictures of at the Carnival of Flowers. Things weren't quite so well done this year due to the difficult water restrictions and the heavy winds that whipped through last week. Most of the flower beds looked like they had been trampled on but I still managed to get a few shots in.

Here's a picture Alison took of me experimenting with my 'gun'. I stuck on my new 50mm prime in reverse on top of my 200mm telephoto for some extreme macro shots. It was the best I could do as I still haven't received my DCR-250. :'(

1 comment:

Sharim said...

Thanks bud. I did end up taking a bunch of close ups of bees in the poppies but all of them came out soft so I didn't bother putting them up on Flickr. I add them to a post later though.