Friday, September 02, 2005

Chocolatey goodness

Alison and I threw caution to the wind and went to see Charlie and the Chocolate factory on opening night last night. Contrary to all the warnings on the radio there really weren't that many punters lining up and I didn't see a single brat or baby. Most of the audience were adults and everyone seemed to enjoy the movie immensely.

Let it be known that Tim Burton is a genius. Practically every scene from the movie was exactly as we'd imagined it in the book. Johnny Depp was excellent as usual in his Wacko Jacko inspired role and the Ooompa Loompas (or should I say Oompa Loompa) were great. Highly recommended along with all other Burton movies.

It seems appropriate that while hunting for confectionary to take into the movie I stumbled upon a whole range of candy bars that I had thought to be only available in the UK. The chocolate shop at the Indooroopilly food court imports heaps of my old favourites like Drifters (yeah!), Yorkies, Dimes and Double Deckers. They do charge about 40 cents more than any other store for chocolate but it's good to know that their there if I need a treat.

Now I'm really looking forward to the Corpse Bride which has Tim Burton teaming up with Johnny Depp again and Helena Bonham Carter for a new claymation. Nightmare before Christmas is still one of my favourite movies so I have high hopes for this one.

No comments: